It's not about the house.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Eleven... Eggs? And One... Cookie?*

I did mention Johnny's back home safely, right? Yeah. T'ank god.

Um, so does anybody want to venture a guess as to what this newly-discovered windowsill sculpture might possibly be about?


He's at the pub (I did mention he was home, right?) so I can't ask him. I'll tell you what, though: I'm sure glad he found a more creatively productive use of his time while I was out than, oh, I don't know, VACUUMING like he was supposed to!


*I know, I know: there are actually seventeen eggs and one cookie here. Okay fine. Sixteen eggs. Sixteen potatoes and one onion. But if I called this post "Sixteen Potatoes and One Onion" NOBODY would get the reference. As it stands I might have to wait till Monday and my sister reads this blog from work before anybody gets it. Too bad my sister doesn't love me enough to read my blog from home.

Spuds.

7 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

The dang! I thought they were kiwi. Really need to change my eyeglass prescription.

Daisy said...

Those bad boys are going into the soil very soon! That's what I think!

Janice said...

sesame street?

Anonymous said...

he's chitting the potatoes & sprouting the onion, E. :0) luv, marie

EGE said...

Sparkle -- The dang! I like it! I think I'll use it! And in turn I give you "pong." It is apparently Irish for "stink" (as in: Did you used to go to Mass on Maundy Thursday and let the Father wash your feet? No, the pong would've cleared the bleedin' church!) but, like any decent expletive can be used for all sorts of things.

Donna -- Me thinks you're right!

Janice -- How did you get that!? You must have either been or had a child in the 1970s.

Marie -- Hi! I had to look up "chitting" (and by "look up" I mean "ask Johnny"), but you're right!

Everybody gets bonuses today! Good for you, class! Gold stars all around!

Khurston said...

I'm here, i'm here!
one egg, two eggs, three eggs, four eggs, five eggs, six eggs, one cookie? six eggs and one cookie, seven eggs and one cookie, eight eggs and one cookie, nine eggs and one cookie, ten eggs and one cookie, eleven eggs! and one cookie.

[munch munch munch]
twelve eggs! twelve eggs and no cookies!
no cookies!? that's so sad!

su said...

Ahh, here's to the the good ole days