It's not about the house.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Guess What?

I got sick.




I don't have swine flu, really. Or at least I don't think I do. It's just a cold. And not a very nasty one at that. I had to go to work anyway, both yesterday and today, so I didn't even get to wallow like I dreamed. Johnny did make me chicken soup and homemade whole wheat French bread for dinner last night, though, of which I ate so much I thought I'd burst. I didn't, though. Instead, I fell into a fitful sleep at 7:30 and dreamed I found a little lost girl in Gillette Stadium who'd gotten separated her mother, and when I tried to call someone for help, neither of our mobile phones would work. Mine had a loose wire, and hers turned out to be just a little notepad after all.

Gee, I wonder what that dream was all about? Anyhoo...

I also didn't create the above cartoon. It was forwarded to me by a friend, with no attribution. But it made me laugh a lot, and now that it's (sort of) topical (as regards to me, that is, which is the important kind of topicality; school closings and international death counts be damned), I thought I'd share. With apologies to whomever, and of course to A.A. Milne.

If I (or A.A., for that matter) had created it, you can bet your Bippy that the Penultimate Word would have been Spelled Correctly.

Phluyqun A.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wished yourself sick a couple of posts ago. Bet you won't do that again, eh!

EGE said...

Yeah, I was really hoping for a stay-in-bed fever or, like you said, a contagious ringworm. Having a cold I had to work through just farging sucked. It's over now, though. Mostly.

beardonaut said...

See if A.A. had written it, that penultimate word wouldn't have been there, or Disney's lawyers would have had his phluyqun ass.

And to this I say, yet again: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Unknown said...

I am increasingly worried by the appearance of Cuthulaic Cultist in your Comments. While the Sleeper may awake and all of that sort of thing, I suspect that the constant chanting may well have bought on your hangnail and cold.

All of which is simply a device to place AA Milne and R'lyeh - I frequently misplace that apostrophe - into the same comment. Imagine Poo as Cuthulu (and hang Disney's Lawyers or drive them clean from their minds). That should cure your cold.

beardonaut said...

I'm more of a Nyarlathotep man, really.

"It was the eldritch scurrying of those fiend-born rats, always questing for new horrors, and determined to lead me on even unto those grinning caverns of earth's centre where Nyarlathotep, the mad faceless god, howls blindly to the piping of two amorphous idiot flute-players."

beardonaut said...

And if I ever saw an Old One in human disguise, its obviously Milne. Or Ah'amil'nhe, as his proper name is.

Unknown said...

I see your point: Whinnie'Dapu is just the sound of a shuggoth with indigestion. Eeyore is the first word of the lost verses of the Necronomicon's blasphemous psalmistry. It all comes clear now.