It's not about the house.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Good News/Bad News

The good news:

Nothing blew up. Nobody died.

The bad news:

Well, except the boiler.

The good news:

Rick is here and fixing it so that we'll have hot water in the meantime.

The bad news:

Not in time for me to have a shower before work -- though that's only bad for those of you close enough to smell me.

The good news:

It's going to be 82 degrees outside today. The furnace lasted exactly, to the day, until we didn't need heat anymore. And there will be hot water when I get home so I can shower then.

The bad news:

The fix will only last a month or so.

The good news:

Rick has an in with the gas company and he says he'll get someone here to set us up. Finally!

The bad news:

He says they're going to make us put a liner in the chimney to vent the gas furnace through (again with the chimney! Why won't these people just leave us alone?).

The good news:

At least when it's done we won't have to worry about it any more (ha ha, I am a regular laugh riot - can you tell I'm stretching for good news trying to avoid the final bad news that I guess I might as well suck up and say...?)

The bad news:

Ugh. There's going to be bills for all of this that I don't even want to think about.

No comments: