It's not about the house.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HEY!

We haven't had a POEM CONTEST in a while! So let's play a game, and I'll write poem for whoever gets the answer or comes close...

Tonight, I have to take Johnny to a doctor's appointment in Stinking Southie at stupid six o'clock. By then the doctor will be running seven sorry hours late, and we'll end up sitting on our smelly butts till sundown. But I don't mind.

Why?

Hint #1: I'm going to buy something right now that will help me pass the time.

Hint #2: It's something I could not have purchased yesterday.

Hint #3: It's something I've been looking forward to since November 2nd.

So....

What is it?

8 comments:

Khurston said...

Oh i totally know. i just want acknolwedgement that you know i know, but i won't ruin the game already if anyone else can figure it out.

Courtney Miller-Callihan said...

Is David Sedaris's new book out today, or is that another couple of months yet? I am too lazy to look it up.

LadyCiani said...

Is it cheating if we look at your blog post from back then?

Charlie said...

"Dungeons and Dragons Core Rulebook Gift Set, 4th ed."
Oh wait that does not release until the 6th...rats, Courtney must be right. But I get the title "When you are engulfed in flames."
AND I did look it up!
So I SHOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EGE said...

I forgot: this is why I stopped doing one-right-answer questions. Well, anyway...

Khurston -- I know you know. And you talk so pretty, too!

Courtney -- Lazy? You? Now? Oh boy, I am DOOMED!!!

LadyCiani -- Nope! Not cheating. In fact, that's exactly why I gave the date. Had to look it up and everything. (See? Some of us aren't lazy. Some of us are industrious. Especially when we're talking about ourselves.)

Charlie -- Yup. That's the title. D&D Etc. Whatever Nerd Thing You Said.

So everybody wins! I'll poeticate upon you all tomorrow afternoon...

LadyCiani said...

Must remember that rule of cheating: It's not cheating, unless you're told otherwise.

Dang it, I so should have won! I was looking up new releases and everything.

su said...

I thought it was Hilary's consiliation speech

EGE said...

Ha! Good one, Su! Nope, though. I didn't buy that one.