It's not about the house.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Oh, Um, Oops...

Guess how Johnny and I will be spending our New Year's weekend?


Yeah, um, apparently some of y'all will be getting bottle-of-wine gifts for old Christmas Day. King's Day. January 6th. Oops. Sorry.

It'll be fine. Really. The cider's fine. It was just that first bottle that tasted cat. Which is Dublin slang for yuck. And not, you know, literally cat-tasting.

Anyway, as you can see, I remembered to buy batteries for my camera. I bought four of them, in fact, and I'm asking for your help. The next time I say "the battery in my camera died and I know I bought extras but can't find them," will you please remind me that they're in the top right drawer? You know, the one with the envelopes and postage stamps. See?

Top. Right. Drawer. Remember that. And remind me. Thank you.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR*!!!!!!!!!!!!!




*Which in Irish is apparently "Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh," but I am way too smart by now to try to suss out the freakin' phonetics of that.

2 comments:

mistlur said...

now, i haven't tried it in any way, i'm just guessing here. but i do BELIEVE that wine made upon cat would, in fact, taste like yuck. or worse. so there was really no need for that declaration. even though it was fun. oh,.. now i get it. sorry!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great one!