It's not about the house.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

About Three Bricks Shy of a Load

I'm rooting for the Steelers today, and I'll tell you why:

#5 reason: I don't have a dog in this fight. Cardinals? Steelers? Who gives a shit? But I have to pick someone, so...

#4: I don't hate the Steelers. I don't actually know if I'm supposed to, as a Pats fan, but I don't. Something in me sees a kindred opposite in them. Their glory days were as reckless and freewheeling as ours have been head-down and studious, and there's a very large part of beer-drinking me that salutes that.

#3: I like watching a record happen -- as long as it doesn't belong to a team I hate. And we've got two records on the line, here. A potential six Superbowls for the Steelers versus 110 years of history and not one for the Cards? I am so totally going with the overdogs on this one ["overdogs": it's a word!].

#2. Game 16. Fuck you and the lazy-ass bullshit horse you rode in on.

And the #1 reason I'm all about the Steelers on this Pats-less afternoon?

Frenchy Fuqua




Go Steelers!

3 comments:

EGE said...

god damn it

EGE said...

Wait! I mean, Yay!

pork luck said...

my boys will see your boys in the superbowl next year baby!