It's not about the house.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Father Knows Best

My dad called bullshit on the whole chimney thing.

I didn’t actually mean to tell him what was going on. So many things like this go wrong around here, I feel like a big saddo telling everyone about it all the time. I try not to bring them up anymore unless I can find a way to make it funny, so it’s actually a story and not just a complaint (except, of course, for my blog post yesterday, which wasn't funny, and I'm sorry about that). But I’d been commencing again, and although I called Dad before I commenced and for a completely other reason, he wasn’t home when I called and by the time he called me back I’d been commencing for a couple hours.

So by the time Dad called me back I’d had the light-beer equivalent of a drink and a half and for some reason that made me chatty. Probably I just was shy to admit the real reason for my phone call, which was to try to find out what my folks bought me for Christmas that hadn’t yet arrived...

No comments: