It's not about the house.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gas Gas Gas!

I finally took the first step towards changing over to gas heat. Well, actually the first step -- mailing in a card telling them I wanted to talk to somebody about it -- I took a couple weeks ago, but yesterday I actually returned their call.

Johnny and I agreed that we would have the actual gas company actually come over and give us an actual price, before he called in any of his boys. We've dealt with his boys before. He tends to meet them at the pub. They're cheap, I'll give them that, and the job eventually gets done, but nine times out of ten they are retired, disabled, or just plain drunk. These are explosive gases we're talking about here. 'Nuff said?

So a gas company plumber is coming in the morning -- the lady I spoke to said between eight a.m. and noon. I said I had to leave for work at 11:00 and I would much rather they came when we were both here if at all possible, but if not then Johnny would at least be here. She was very helpful writing down my request, but she got it backwards. She said "husband leaving at 11:00" and I didn't bother to correct her. Wanna place bets on what time they show up?

No comments: