It's not about the house.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ta Daaaaaa... Shit.

Completely empty:

Completely empty:

Completely full:

Completely full:

That's the Ta-da! part.

The shit part is this:

Look what I only noticed after I posted that picture of the empty cabinet earlier this afternoon:


So... does that mean there is wainscoting around the entire kitchen? Let's pull back just a wee bit of panelling to see...

There is! And it's beautiful! Look at it!


See?

Except --

Look at those two pictures.

Can you spot the shit factor?

5 comments:

Janice said...

some of its been painted so you will need to do more ss... sss.... sanding?

Fred said...

Janice came up with it first, but I swear I thought the same thing! Sanding that would be a bear - you'll need some type of stripper to pull it off.

theotherbear said...

While a stripper sounds entertaining,
I used something here called Peelaway. I don't know if it's available where you live. It's also a safe method of lead paint removal, which yours might be if it's old paint. You just wipe the stuff on, cover it with special paper, and a day or two later peel it off and every single layer of paint comes with it. Worked a charm on my banisters that had millions of layers of paint, down to the last level of shellac.
http://www.peelaway.com.au/

Jean Martha said...

WOW! I fall off the face of the earth for 48 hours and you find wainscotting!?!?!

EGE said...

Whoops! I forgot to check these comments yesterday.

Janice -- exactly. dd...d...dang!

Fred -- yes. Bear. You're right. Janice is tiptoeing because she knows that I spent TWO FREAKING YEARS stripping paint in the living room, and I'm NOT thrilled at the prospect of doing it again. But I probably will.

TOB -- I WANT SOME PEELAWAY! I've never heard of anything like it, so I imagine you can't get it here. There are other sorts of "miracle paint stripper" products, but they only ever work on the commercials. I swear, if you used it and it actually works, it would be worth the price of a plane ticket to Australia for me to fly over there and bring some home. TWO FREAKING YEARS, remember?

ILU -- I know, right?