It's not about the house.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's Been A LOOOONNNNGGGG Time!

I realized (and it was sort of pointed out to me) when I wrote that sad, sad poem the other day, that it has been a long time since I ran a contest around here. Three whole months plus one week, if you can believe it! So I lopped the beginning off the post I planned for today and decided to run it by itself as a miniature quiz/competition.

One Friend and Khurston (and Chris, by extension, just in case) are disqualified, because I've already told them this little bit of information, but for the rest of you... The first person who guesses the correct answer to the following question gets a guaranteed-hysterical poem/photo montage posted right here in their honor sometime this coming weekend.

Aren't you excited? I am!

Ready? Okay!

What can you deduce about me this week (as opposed to last week or, hopefully, next week) from the following photo of my desk?


Think of what you know of me, look at old pictures on the blog if you like, find the difference between this picture and others, and then imagine what reason there could be for such a difference.

So go! Guess! Play!



Oh, and because it's been a long time since this, too (two months! holy crap! no wonder I feel faint!), here's a little something-something to warm the blood on these crisp early autumn morns:

I could make a really foul joke here about clams, but I'll refrain.

12 comments:

su said...

OMG it's a tissue box!!!!!! no TP

LadyCiani said...

Um, you're going on an international trip, you had to get a new passport photo, and you're over caffeinated.

Oh, and George needs you to shop for something that is either a Bowtie and Towels, or is Twistie Towels.

Anonymous said...

Let's see...you're not working because you spilled coffee all over the desk, which is cleared off so you could wipe up the mess - Geez, I hope it didn't get in the keyboard! Uh oh, the TP got soaked so you are using a box of tissues that One Friend left behind after visiting.

Anonymous said...

Or...The cleaning fairy bit you and you're on a whole house cleaning bender!

EGE said...

Well, some of you are sort of right: it is about the tissues...

PS LadyCiani -- ha! I forgot you'd be able to read my notes. That says "Shakespeare = 'Toowatee, toowatie, toowatiz' -- George" A quote regarding the bard by our good friend after perhaps a few too many Heinekens. I wrote it down becaue I thought it was hysterical. I may have had a few too many IPAs myself.

Janice said...

you've got hayfever or a cold and sneezed so hard you blew your monitor off the desk

LadyCiani said...

lol at Janice's comment. I didn't pick up on the monitor off to the side, but that's funny!

Guess #2 is that the tissues somehow have to do with the keyboard, like mopping up a spill from the cup, and now the keyboard doesn't work.

beardonaut said...

I'm gonna go with "tissues everywhere in the house after the opening NFL games" ;)

That is to say, I have no frickin' idea.

EGE said...

I'm going to award this one to Janice and Su together -- because Su noticed the tissues-instead-of-toilet-paper, and Janice figured out that meant I was sick.

Today I have a dentist appointment, and then the cats have a vet appointment, and then (hopefully)) Johnny will have a doctor's appointment, so I doubt I'll be posting today. But tune in sometime this weekend for your prize!

Sparkle Plenty said...

FEEL BETTER!!! Somethin' NASTY has been goin' round...

pork luck said...

But wait! Did anyone else notice the superman logo on the wooden desk? My theory is.. you're actually clark kent! The tissues have to do with the love of your life Lois... she's in trouble and you've been crying about it all day! You grabbed your computer which has a lois tracking system installed and flew out the window to help her! Shhhh.. dont tell johnny! He just wont undersatnd.

EGE said...

Oh, the Superman logo... You are so close, PorkPie, but no cigar (you don't mind if I call you PorkPie, do you?). That dang logo is a whole nuther long story altogether, in the mistory of My Life in the AssVac.

(Yes, I just made that word up: mistory. Mystery+History=Mistory. It was not a typo. I actually thunk on it, if you can imagine.)

Alright. I hereby declare this Blog Posty Weekend. I am going to take three days off from what I am supposed to be doing and instead rack up all kinds of time-delay blog posts to explain all kinds of things that have been building up and begging to get told.

Ready? Okay!

(I'm only going to put them up one at a time, though, so you'll just have to wait.)