It's not about the house.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Let's Have It Openly

Okay. This is a very delicate subject...


I'm not even sure I should speak about it, but I will..


No, I'm sorry. I've tried, but I can't. It wouldn't be respectful. It will have to suffice to say that someone I love dearly was going through an awful time, a time bookended by a pair of visits to the psych ward, and in the midst of it she still had the wherewithal to buy us gifts. The Mary-Jane-wearing turtle up there was for me. And the sparkle-dragon was for Johnny.

We pull them out every year and we think about how much we love our friend -- who is still with us, by the way, and whom we love.

But (and it makes us assholes, maybe, but it's true) we do also get a little giggle. Because, seriously:


Sparkle Dragon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....There is an upside to these gifts. They are interesting, not some scarf or book or I don't know what. Your friend thought of you and that is important and she is still with you and that is most important. And being in the psych ward explains it all doesn't it?

So I'm not a horrible ass, my mom made some very nice ashtrays for me when she was in the psych ward. I was only 7 at the time but she was thinking of me...

Anonymous said...

Love the turtle - and I can see why these are some of your favourites.

su said...

Bless her