It's not about the house.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

True Moment From My Yesterday

MY LADY: Erin, I can't believe how skinny you look these days! Not that you looked fat before, but you know...

ME: Really? Wow. I thought I'd gained weight over the holiday. Thank you!

MY LADY: Oh... Look... [waving her hand in the direction of the sofa]

ME: [Looking] What?

MY LADY: How cute Kitty looks all curled up on the couch...

ME: Um, Lady? That's not Kitty. That's my bag.

and... scene.

I would just like to point out that Kitty in question is huge and black and white, whereas the shoulder bag I use is is small and tan.

So, to sum up: I'm not skinny.

7 comments:

su said...

Now that's funny, poor Lady

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Daisy said...

Well, you didn't catch her petting your bag... So maybe she just needs an eye exam...

Daisy said...

Well, you didn't catch her petting your bag... So maybe she just needs an eye exam...

Audrey said...

Oh well. Try and be selective about reality: go with the skinny bit and forget the rest!

pork luck said...

awwww.. kitty... i love a kitty you can throw over your shoulder and put your stuff in!

Anonymous said...

My eyes are going too. I see clouds all the time, even inside and on sunny daze. It sucks to get old. The eye doctor asked if I wanted bifocals. I said Hell No. I stopped shaving for a couple of days and t-da the whiskers are grey. It really sucks to get old.