It's not about the house.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Days Go By

Believe it or not, I'm actually running out of ideas for projects to do around here...

· Johnny's going to finish the closet. Someday. He spoke today about buying a gallon of joint compound, so maybe it's on his radar.

· I've decided to just leave the damn door for the time being. I'm going to paint it before we sell, but that's years away and I like it the way it is. I can't varnish it if I'm going to paint it, so it will still suck up moisture every time it rains, but we keep a rag handy and just wipe the stain-soaked puddles off the floor. Okay, maybe that isn't quite the best plan but I'm sticking to it...

· Johnny and I talked this morning about me pulling wood panelling off the dining room walls, but I don't think we can afford to re-drywall and run electric in there right now, and -- as ugly as the panels are -- they're not as ugly as living with half-torn cardboard walls. Trust me, we did it in the living room for about two years. It ain't nice.

· And there's no sense replacing all the face plates if I'm only going to tear down the walls and re-electric later. Right? Right, Goody? Right?

· There is that other door but I don't know what I'm going to do with it and, ugh, I don't know if I can face it...

I don't want to stop with such a good head of steam going, but honestly I can't think of anything. And the project I'm supposed to be putting my shoulder to is the furnace replacement, but that is so much hurry up and wait I'm getting whiplash. And panicked. Days go by, and they just keep going by, endlessly pulling us into the winter...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine once painted over their paneling. It came out pretty cool - a textured wall kinda. I thought it was very interesting.

So there's a project for ya. :)

Anonymous said...

you could write my thesis