It's not about the house.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

As Seen On TV!

I almost forgot -- look what I got for my birthday:


Anyone who's ever met my husband won't be shocked. See, he has a bit of a problem with obsessive desire for every late-night gadget he can get his hands on.

(I mean for sale late at night, sheesh. Get your minds out of the gutter!)

But I have been on a bit of a smoothie kick lately. I had been using the whizzer stick to make them. You know, that magic-wandy thing you may have seen on TV about seven years ago? Turns out it doesn't make mayonnaise so well, and you absolutely cannot make whipped cream out of skim milk no matter how long you stand there whizzing, but it is good for lots of other things. Like smoothies.

So anyway at least it makes sense that he would buy this particular gadget for me at this particular time. Shows some knowledge of the things I do. Shows forethought and planning. All good things, husband-present-wise.

Plus, now after I make a smoothie I just have one messy dish to clean! (Ding!)

What concerns me, though, is that he bought this at a store. Which means there's an "As Seen On TV" store. Around here somewhere. That Johnny can get to. Without me.

I think we're going to need a bigger kitchen...

4 comments:

Khurston said...

OOO, plus we can all use our own color coded comfort lip on the mug attachment to make our own party drinks!

EGE said...

Comfort lip... I knew it wasn't supposed to feel all roughity like that...

Charlie said...

You know I have been in those "As seen on TV" stores, and I have to say they were a MAJOR disappointment. No Josh Holloway, no Tom Canvenaugh, no George Clooney, not even a measley David Hasselhoff (forgive me, I was 12).

Anonymous said...

Dharlie, is David Haslehoff the guy that is married to Elizabeth on the View? lol Reverend Blue Jeans