It's not about the house.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Looks Like I'm the Idiot

Charlie wins the poem contest -- I just didn't get it at first. So hit me: what kind of poem do you want?

In the meantime, I'm having a bad day.

A terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad day.

A nobody loves me and I'm no good at anything I do day.

do-day-do-day-do...

A getting stuck on the platform, on the train, in traffic and behind the drawbridge kind of day.

A two-defeats for every victory and the watermelon I was looking forward to eating after work got frozen in the refrigerator day.

A dirt in the salad I'm eating instead of it kind of day.

An eating the salad anyway because if I don't eat something I'm going to kill my husband kind of day.

An I-just-yelled-at-him-anyway kind of day.

And the furnace guy isn't even here yet.

I'm going to go lay down until he gets here.

Pray for me.

If not for me, for Prudence. Or, god help him, Johnny...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having a horrible terrible no good very bad day.
:(
Yay me fer winnin tho
Hmm, I want an e.e. cumming style of poem - whatever style you call that.
Oh no! I take it back. It should be Silverstein style of poem.
Hmm, maybe those are hard, and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for style-infringment :)
So you can do whatever you want...but e.e. and shel are great (hint with puppy dog eyes).