It's not about the house.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Now Look!


I put the lid down to protect your delicate sensibilities from what I had no choice but to leave mellowing in the pot. Do you see the problem? No? How about here?




Or here?



It can be hard to flush a toilet with a trip lever that's lying on the floor.

It's okay. The piece screws in and out -- something I never noticed before and for which I fail to see a useful reason -- so I just picked it up and screwed it right back in. It's holding so far, but...
Methinks perhaps Mr. W.D. Fortystein was not the best choice of handyman for the angry fix.


And I'll tell you this for nothing: he's not doing too good stopping the squeak in my stairmaster, either. Maybe it's coming on time for Mr. W. to put in for that pension.

6 comments:

su said...

Mom swore by ST37 for all ills.... not sure if the terlet and stairmaster would qualify...

Anonymous said...

I am very please to see that I'm not the only person who leaves those tags on the flex hose from the hardware store.

Daisy said...

the knobs on our kitchen cabinets do this too. I have to tighten them up once in awhile or they unexpectedly come off in your hand.

Jen said...

"Now-a-days" everything breaks.
And we leave the tags on the flex hose too, sinisterdan.
What is ST37?

Daisy said...

everyone leaves the tags on nowadays. This way when it breaks again, you know exactly what to buy...again...

Anyone here in the NE SICK of this nightly friggin' rain yet...

EGE said...

I never noticed the tag on the toilet until now, but I do still have a sticker on the sliding door!

I'm kind of liking the rain. It makes me feel like I moved somewhere tropical. I don't like the mildew in the basement, though. Or the mushrooms in the yard. Or the rotten vegetables in the garden. Or my pasty white skin.

Hey! I'm SICK of this nightly friggin' rain!