It's not about the house.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Putrefaction, You Say?

Putrefaction, the rotting of organic material, draws flies. Green bottle flies lay their eggs almost exclusively in rotting flesh. Because they rely on rotting flesh to reproduce, they are extremely sensitive to the smell of decomposition, and they are often the first to arrive at a fresh carcass, sometimes minutes after death. (from here)

Guess what we've been overrun with at the AssVac this week?


Gee, I wonder what (or who) it is that died.

And - gulp - where.

6 comments:

jen said...

oh Gad! If theres one thing I cannot tolerate, its maggots. Find the carcass, for heaven's sake! And have Johnny drag it out to the Christmas tree!!

su said...

Check the car for chicken breasts!

Vrouwenstreken said...

bleh... I don't like that fly... whe have plenty of those here.

beardonaut said...

I'll go with "vagrant", and "in the mess in your backyard". What do I win?

Jen said...

Puppy is obsessed with catching flys at our house. He can't sit still until he gobbles them up.

Daisy said...

i just threw up a little in my mouth- that article is gag producing...