It's not about the house.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Shortie

1. Once again, I'm over here today. Death and dismemberment, rape and cannibalism, adultery and fly-i-cide. It is a riot!

2. Remember the dingbat at my dentist's office who told her to say hello to Osama Bin Laden for him and I reported his racist ass? Well, that racist ass got fired! I don't know when it happened, but I just found out on Friday. I feel a little bad, making a guy (who, let's admit, is no spring chicken) lose his job and everything. But the receptionist said he'd had it coming for a while, that nobody ever liked him anyway, and that he just finally said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Damn right, he did! Anybody else out there want to piss me off?

3. I'm thinking of putting the kibosh on those giant ads over on the right-hand side, there. I'm not getting the hit count I hoped for out of them, and I think they're kind of gauche. Plus, they're giant, and seem to be getting bigger. What do you guys think? Should I ditch them, leave them, or do you just not really care?

4. Not shaved yet!


Although our other dentist did pull out a few hairs when they got caught in her rubber glove. He couldn't feel it, though, because he was numb all over his face except for where she had to drill. She said she'd never seen anything like it before, and this is not the student. She's been at it for a while. She even (and the woozy might want to skip this next part) gave him a shot right down through the tooth itself, and still it didn't take. He had to feel every second of it -- except the pulling out of hairs. And he has to do it all over next week, on the tooth next door.

I don't know how, or if, any of this affects the decision to shave or not to shave. His head has been pretty sore for the last few days, but he keeps asking me where the haircutting scissors are.

I genuinely haven't got the foggiest idea.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes people need a little help acting appropriately....it's not like we aren't told everyday..or so..that discrimination is inappropriate in the workplace. I say good on you. Racism will probably never go away but I'll never be quiet about it, nor forget that it exists.
Cool gory story...actually so real life things I hear with "celebrities" mimic this stuff, just not as much incest or strictly in the family crap...

Stephanie said...

Boy, I hope this dental thing isn't catching! You're one of three bloggers I know (4, if you count the beardy one who doesn't actually blog himself) who are going through this sort of thing :( Hope it's all over soon!

su said...

J looks fike Richard Geer in this pic! and I love him!

EGE said...

Micky -- yeah, I don't feel too bad, but I do still feel a little bad. Fired is bad. But racist is bad, too. (I just woke up, can you tell?)

Steph -- I am one appointment from done, done, done! But poor Beardy has like eight more to go...

Su -- That's why I fell in love with him. Well, one of the reasons. If only I could get him to wear brown contacts, he'd be a ringer. Kidding!

Anonymous said...

Leave the ads cause nobody reads em anyway, and if you get money/points/green stamps for em, what the heck.

EGE said...

Good point, Anony-mouse!

And if you come here often (which you should, because who needs barin cells, anyway?), you should consider giving yourself a name.

It doesn't have to be your real name. I love a commentor who goes by Braveheart, and I have no idea who he/she is!