It's not about the house.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Camera's Here! (also, PS, a CONTEST!)

Apparently elves dropped it off on the front step while we slept. Andy just got off work and stopped in for a cup of coffee (!) and he spotted it out there when he arrived. Actually, I think Andy might be magic, because I seem to remember this sort of thing happening before...

Andy should really come over here more often, if he's going to be finding presents every time!

Anyway, now I can finally get on with all the projects that I've been excusing myself from starting because I was unable to pictographically document them here! Dang. Come to think of it, maybe if the camera had arrived a little sooner, I would not be up to my tits in Shakespeare. Double-dang. Oh well.

It's still going to be another day or so before I can start any of those projects, though, because I haven't quite figured the damn thing out yet. The camera, that is. I can't seem to get the plastic envelope off of the instruction manual, for one thing. But I will post a picture of Something Really Great (i.e., not me) just as soon as I can.

Any suggestions?

In fact, let's have our FIRST FOR-SOMETHING CONTEST OF THE YEAR!

Tell me what my first picture with my new camera should be -- it can be something real (like the front door) or something silly (like the Loch Ness Monster). I'll pick a winner out of all of the suggestions and do a "House and I" interpretation.

Enter as many times as you like, I'll leave it open at least until the end of today, eastern standard time. And what the hell, because I'm feeling all New-Years-y and reborn: 'Phaz, if you're out there, you're eligible again.

Whoever wins will know it when you see the picture posted, and I'll pick out a bag of toys especially for you.

Yay! 2008 is finally here for real!


P.S. I love hearing from people who've never written in before! But don't forget: it ain't gonna be a shot of me. If you suggest me, you are just wasting your entry. And your time. But if you're reading this dreck, your time can't possibly mean all that much to you.

P.P.S. Johnny, however, is fair game.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the wonderful, money saving, efficient, heat producing so you can sleep without socks, furnace!!!!!

su said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
su said...

oops spelling error.

I say either the inside of the porch as in the before pic of an organizing project or a real pic of the faux finish painting you did which is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Johnny's knickers!

su said...

Abby totally wins!

Charlie said...

Underpants Gnome!

(I swear I was going to say that before I saw Abby's comment)

Unknown said...

How about a picture of the new camera? No smoke and mirrors, though.

Unknown said...

Your BROWN Fontanini (?) nativity!!!!

Khurston said...

what those cleaned out closets look like now?

Vanessa said...

The vacuum cleaner.

Anonymous said...

Your coolest looking book cover.

theotherbear said...

Johnny?

Charlie said...

a box of kleenex

Charlie said...

p.s. with or without a roll of toilet paper is fine

Cake said...

Your favourite object in the house...whatever you would first rescue if there was a fire.

Anonymous said...

yer kitchen