It's not about the house.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Every Other Day of the Week is Fine

For the next little while and a half or so, my Mondays are going to be kind of nuts.

Normally, I'm slacker enough that, even though I roll out of bed at 5:30 or 6:00, I don't have to roll off to work until 10:30 or 11:00. But, on Mondays, that rolls back to (gasp!) 8:30 or 9:00.

Normally, I'm obsessive enough that, even though I don't know why anyone would want to read this dreck, I crawl in here and crank out a bit of it before I go. But, for the next few weeks at least (and, if I'm lucky, months), there's something else that I'll be cranking in that time. And I ain't waking up at 3:00 in the morning, no matter how much I profess to love you all.

The rest of the week will still work like it always did: I break something, Johnny suffers my stupidity, I write about it, you read same and make funny, funny comments, the AssVac sits back and plots her next move. But on Mondays I won't have time. I don't even really have time to be doing this today.

Which is, you see, why I'm being so brief about it.

Anyways...

All of this is by way of introducing a new feature on the blog. Let's call it Manic Monday. Or Blue Monday. Depending on which end of the bipolar spectrum I'm feeling. Or just Monday, Monday, in the weeks I'm catatonic.

Here's what we'll do: Every Monday morning I will ask a question pertaining to one of my posts from the week before. You can try to be correct, or just try to make me laugh. I'll pick the winner based on my own eclectic judging system, which will change from week to week -- but if I'm insisting that you try to be correct, I'll let you know.

The prizes will vary, and I'll announce them with the questions. Most of the time, honestly, it will be a poem written in your honor (hey, I'm poor, remember?). Sometimes I'll offer to send you something gross that I found under the bed. Once in a while, though, I will even shop.

And if you knew me, you'd know what a sacrifice that is.

So what do you think? Sound like fun? Shall we start right away?

Okay:

The other bear suggested that I give away that "tie-dyed" t-shirt, but we decided to wash it first and all the color came right out. The hand-print on Johnny's, too. Dang ity. So we'll kick off this week by playing for a poem, because I've already wasted too much time today to think of something else.

So, for a poem: Remember those empty Toblerone packages that I showed as evidence of my ill-advised chocolate bender? Which is more likely: That I ate them all at once, or that I had one every day and just let the empty wrappers keep accumulating on the floor beside my bed? Discuss.

Jeebers, look at the time. Go!

7 comments:

su said...

all 21 ounces at once then puked

Anonymous said...

Betting You ate them all at once!

Khurston said...

nope, i say, you got into bed with one candy bar and no intention of eating any more. then you got caught up in a 'the girls next door' marathon and decided you needed another. then you decided what the hell, the day's already shot anyway, might as well polish the last one off so it won't be there to tempt you tomorow.
money.

pork luck said...

I think you have absolutely no memory of eating them at all. You were sleep eating. You got up in the middle of the night.. sound asleep... ate them both in no particular hurry.. climbed back into bed and in the morning discovered the empty wrappers. Aghast, you ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror to find Toblerone evidence smeared across your chin! Drat! Sleep eating again!

Anonymous said...

Superb idea. I believe you ate one a day until the boxes were all empty, and you came to the stunning conclusion that you ate too much chocolate.

theotherbear said...

I think you ate them one a day. Although there might have been one day when you had 2.

Jen said...

You ate one package, the Pony ate a one and the Princess ate one package all together @ one time. There was a race to see who could finish and you all washed them down with Diet Coke mixed with a jigger or two of Johnny's home brew which accounts for the hangover and not setting the alarm clock.