It's not about the house.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Here's Where It Gets Ugly

continued from the post below

Because oh, yeah, I forgot to mention: this was B.U. dental school I was endodonting at. These folks are only learning how to endodont. Dr. German made sure to explain to me that he had gone here to dental school and practiced for seven years (in, ahem, Ft. Lauderdale -- is my gaydar on target or what?), and that he had done three of these procedures already this week and they'd all gone well. So I wasn't so concerned that he didn't know what he was doing, but I wasn't so thrilled that, almost an hour in to my appointment and having gotten nowhere, we now had to wait for some phantom instructor.

I pulled out my book.

Dr. German looked at his notes.

We waited.

And we waited.

And we waited.

Finally Dr. German got up to look for him. "He's with somebody now," he reported upon return. "There's one more person before us, and then we're up."

So we waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Then Dr. German said "I'm just going to go hang on his elbow, so's he doesn't manage to sneak away."

So he left and I waited.

And waited.

And -- oh hey, here they are!

Instructor looked at the pictures on the screen, said "Yup, as long as she understands all the risks involved in the procedure, then you can carry on."

Um, risks?

to be continued

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Run! Run I say! Run, run run! Don't look back! Run Run Run!

Uh oh, did I hear you cough?

Khurston said...

I think she is running, charlie, but she's got those stupid shoes the girls in horror movies wear, so she's DOOMED!

Charlie said...

I do believe you are correct Khurston, I think she's wearing the red-hot mama shoes from before