It's not about the house.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Once More, With Feeling

Jen read my morning post and sent me this by email (because The Man prevents her from commenting on my blog from work:

"May the spiders of the AssVac know to keep their distance.
For their death may be upon them, in the matter of an instant!
May the wires in your attic not meet with flooding rain.
From what I hear, electrocution? It is quite a pain.
I bid you peace as you enter the weekend sprawl.
In the name of the Father, the Son and the
Holy Shawl."

Nice, yes?

And it reminded me that I haven't done a POEM CONTEST this week (I said, two weeks ago, that I'd do it on Wednesday from now on, but I guess I lied about that). So here goes:

The post below -- the one about how it's supposedly (don't believe it!) bad luck to kill a spider -- I referenced two different musicals in that post. Name them both, and I will spoof a musical-song in your honor. If you'd like to request a song with your entry, you may, otherwise I'll choose one for you.

Google random phrases if you know one but not the other -- you never know what word strings may show up in silly songs. And feel free to take wild stabs if you've no idea. Funny entries are always winners on some level!

Go Go Go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Fair Lady and Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Buffy the musical - one of the series episodes)?
I'm going to keep googling as I'm not sure of the Buffy thing.

Anonymous said...

Charlotte's Web comes to mind, but I don't think that was a musical - or was it?

Anonymous said...

Listen. Im not a good test taker, okay? All this pressure...It gives me irritable bowl syndrome. Or maybe schitzophrenia. I can't decide.
And, because I'm not a HUGE musical person (unless Zac Efron is in it...shutup. No judging. Remember, Im Jewish...I will kick your ass like Amy Winehouse would.)
I'm going to just go for my two favorite musicals withOUT Zac in them, and pray:
Fiddler on the Roof
Sound of Music

Anonymous said...

OH I AM EFFING TICKLED! DO YOU SEE MY NAME IS HIGHLIGHTED??? LETS ELOPE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR FIGURING THAT OUT I SERIOUSLY WANT TO KISS YOU ON YOUR FACE!
Holla.

EGE said...

Wow, ladyscot, Buffy was the one I thought nobody would get (that's why I made a little hint out of the title of this post).

But you haven't got other one, and the other one's not google-able. I changed the actual words, you just have to get the sense of the rhythm of it. Which, if you know the song, you will totally know. So just feel the sentences with your ears...

Jen -- Yay! We fixed it! But you're wrong...

Khurston said...

Mary poppins.
i got nothing.