It's not about the house.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

By Any Other Name

The winner of this ode happens to be Jewish
Yet quotes the New Testament till she is blueish
(Face-wise, that is – not linguistically speaking –
That would be crossing the same line I’m breaching).
But she only went there ’cause I asked for more
(I’ve got to get better at evening the score).
The original quote – which was from the Good Old –
Leslie cottoned to, though she wasn’t so bold
As to feign that she knew it from her ’Braic past
(Trust me that I hang with a much higher class
Than I am – and though I should apologize
I’m not going to. So I’m sorry, you guys).
At any rate, “Branch,” when Isaiah said it,
Was way more metaphorical than I meant it.

2 comments:

Janice said...

yay! wahoo! clap-clap! NICE pome!

Leslie said...

Awww I'm verklempt!!