It's not about the house.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

For Guinness' Sake

Regarding my barely-coherent post this morning about the curtain rod:

I'd like to state for the record that Johnny is and was and always will be very much aware that the proper thing to do would have been to remove the old hardware before painting the trim.

Johnny, in fact, wanted to do exactly that. Johnny, in fact, tried to do exactly that.

But that was like a year and a half ago, when I still was under the delusion that I was going to give a fiddler's fart what the new hardware would be. When he started to remove the old stuff, I told him to "leave it, until we find something we like."

Why does he listen to me?

So eighteen months later it turns out that "something we like" is -- coincidentally enough -- the leftover rod we happened to have in the attic, which I originally bought for the living room but didn't need. Because apparently three plus one is actually four.

Who knew?


I betcha Johnny did.

No comments: