It's not about the house.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sore Labor's Bath

Update re: This post about my bathroom (and this one).

Johnny finished it. Ta da!


I can't tell if I can still see green behind the grey or not. And if I can, I don't know if it's because it's really there, or just because I know it used to be. Johnny says I don't see it, so I've decided to trust him.

I wish I had a real before picture to show you, but I don't. Until I started this blog I never took pictures of anything (and even after I started this blog, until y'all complained). It was truly hideola. Black and used-to-be-white wallpaper, peeling away from crumbling, lime-green walls.

Oh yeah, that's right. The walls were green under there anyway. So whether I see it there or not, it's got nothing to do with what Himself put on. So I guess there's something else for me to just get over. Wanna place bets on whether or not I spend the rest of my time in this house squinching my eyes and staring at these bathroom walls, thinking to myself "it's green... it's grey... it's green... it's grey... "?

Johnny says the edges around the tiles will never be right-right because “they” essentially built two separate walls: one from the ceiling down for wallpaper (or, now, paint) and one from the floor up for tile. The two walls don’t even meet in the middle (there’s a half-inch crack at the tile’s edge that is filled with caulk and joint compound) and the only way to make it smooth and perfect like all the other corners would be to work at it from both sides. Meaning to smear joint compound all over those lovely tiles.

No thanks.

There’s a little bit of paint-splatter on the towel racks which he’s going to clean up. Then he's going to sweep and mop the plaster dust that's been there since, oh, maybe August? And then, then, finally, he’s done.

My job is to get a new shower-curtain rod, because the old one smushed holes into the walls on either side and we don't trust that not to happen again, but one we have is too long to fit between the tiles. So I have to go shopping. And if you think that's a fun task for me, well, then we have never really met. I don't love it. In fact, I hate it. But I’ll do it. When I can walk again.

In the meantime Johnny's using my shower in the en suite, which is what my next update will be about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the black and white, and now that you are done there, you can send his butt right over here to retile my bathroom thankyouverymuch.

EGE said...

You're back!

But he didn't do the tiling. Just the painting. Sorry dood.