It's not about the house.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Progress From The Comment Trail...

Tara said...
Cook that hardware in a crock pot...it really DOES work great! And it's fun too...the paint peels off like skin when you've gotten a bad sunburn.
August 1, 2007 8:18 AM

EGE said...
Really? In what, just water? Or dry? On high or low? And for how long? Can you still use the pot for food after? Help! I want to try and I'm too lazy to google!
August 1, 2007 8:23 AM

And then EGE said...
PS I googled it. Tune in later...
August 1, 2007 9:01 AM

And then Tara said...
I have a rule (that has been put into place far too often) around "once a kitchen tool has been used for home improvement, it doesn't go back into the kitchen"... Once you see what's in the crock pot, you probably won't want to use it for food ever again.
August 1, 2007 9:24 AM

EGE said...
Whoops. The page I found on google said the crock pot would be fine and I already threw them in. If I ruin the crock pot, Johnny's gonna KILL me...

That's what you get for doing your own research. Anybody got an old crock pot just like Johnny's that you can get to my house before he gets home from work?

Maybe it will be okay. It usually is.

NOT.

La la ...

3 comments:

Sandy and Michael said...

I kept wondering about the reusability of the crock pot myself!
I also enjoyed your doot post - I am the same way, whenever Michael assumes I can't do something it drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

It didn't HURT the crock pot...but when you see the paint, dirt, sludge and funk in there...you may be turned off using it for food. (Shhhh! Don't tell Johnny!)

Anonymous said...

ah Johnny will just make soup out of it! yum