It's not about the house.

Monday, August 6, 2007

We're Back!

We didn't bring the camera, so I can't show you what we did (you're talking about people here who went to Istanbul for two weeks and didn't bring a camera, bought a disposable -- for like twenty-five dollars because for some reason they're really expensive over there -- took exactly one picture (of a guy sitting in a bar) and then sent the camera through the x-ray at the airport on the way back to the States. It's just as well I didn't bring the camera to Maine. Guarantee it would not be working now.)

But anyway we did this and it was more interesting than I thought it would be. Photographs (as you can probably imagine) don't interest me too much, and the most important thing to me about furniture is how it feels to sit in it -- which is hard to tell when you're not allowed to touch them. But I learned a lot of stuff that Johnny already knew and was really interested in, so that's nice.

And then we saw Arlo Guthrie for free at the L.L. Bean flagship store in Freeport, and he sang "Alice's Restaurant" -- which he swore he'd never do again -- so now Johnny can die happy.

And when we got home, there was a message from Johnny's boss telling him there was no work coming up....

Yay.

Guess I better get cracking on my work, then.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I saw advertisements for this.

Was up there myself this past weekend.

Thought about taking my own camera out on the river, in a kayak....decided that was a bad idea :)